Re: Does “${python3:Depends}” reliably generate correct dependencies?

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 05:05:08 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Usually you only get the dependency on the specific python3 interpreters if
> there's a script with a shebang using that version.  I'd check for that.
>
> It could either be in the original source or due to dh_python3 doing something
> interesting in shebang rewriting (IIRC there's a known issue that P1otr is
> working on).

I think this is intended because:

  $ head -n1 </usr/bin/python3.4-coverage
  #!/usr/bin/python3.4
  $ head -n1 </usr/bin/python3.5-coverage
  #!/usr/bin/python3.5

Looks like coverage supports being invoked as “python3.x -m coverage”, so there
is no point in shipping per-Python-version scripts (having one script named
python3-coverage will be enough).

--
Dmitry Shachnev