Re: managing transitions

On 10/06/2015 01:02 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 08:39:48AM +0000, Brian May wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Oct 2015 at 18:46 Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>>> This IMO is the same topic as having a Gerrit review system (and not
>>> just Git) which could do tests on each change of a package even before
>>> having them committed to our git.
>>>

>> Sounds like an interesting thing to discuss/test after we move to git...
>
> Moreover, jenkins.debian.org is happening right about now, guess it
> would help quite something (and I'd be happy to host such tests there).

I don't think a single machine is enough for this kind of workload.
Imagine the upload of a new setuptools and rebuilding all packages
build-depending on it. That's a lot of packages to rebuild in
jenkins.d.o. I have offers from some cloud providers which we could use
instead for this kind of job. We "only" need to do the work...

Cheers,

Thomas