Re: Git migration schedule

On Oct 04, 2015, at 08:31 PM, Sandro Tosi wrote:

>sorry, i forgot to ask another question: how will the packages already
>maintained in git be handled?

It should be easy.  Just push it to the team's vcs.  If it's not already in
git-dpm it's pretty easy to bootstrap.  Essentially just one call to git-dpm
init with the latest pristine tar.  It's possible that it will leave you with
limited pristine tar history, but most of the time YAGNI.

You might also have to futz with branch names to use the official names, and I
wouldn't worry if your older tag formats didn't match.

And we do have an "out" although I would caution to use it *very* sparingly
and only with a really good reason.  If your package *has to* diverge from
team standards, you must add a debian/README.source explaining why, and how to
interact with vcs for your package.  It should be needed only rarely.

Cheers,
-Barry