Re: Searching for sponsor and critique

 ❦  9 août 2015 13:46 +0200, Lennart Weller <lhw@ring0.de> :

>> Everything looks good except the LICENSE.txt which is not here. It is in
>> fact called LICENSE upstream and it should be added to the manifest to
>> be present in the tarball. A note to upstream would be nice. Add a
>> comment to debian/copyright pointing to the appropriate URL to find the
>> license. As it is present in debian/copyright, you don't have to add a
>> special patch or anything like that.
>
> What do you mean here? The LICENSE file is part of the git repo on
> Github but not in the tarball on PyPI which is the base of the package.
> Also the machine-readable copyright file basically includes the same
> license and copyright notice as the LICENSE file from the git repo.

Yes. I just said exactly that, didn't I?

I also propose that you add a small comment in debian/copyright
explaining that the license is not present in the tarball (which is a
bug, upstream should add it to MANIFEST.in) but can be checked on
GitHub.
--
Don't use conditional branches as a substitute for a logical expression.