Re: Searching for sponsor and critique

Hey,

> I believe that we are still using SVN but maybe the switch to git will
> be done during the next Debconf.
>
> Personnaly, I don't really care if a package is team-maintained or
> not. It is better if it is and it will allow you to find another sponsor
> in case your regular sponsor is unresponsive. So, please apply to DPMT
> for python-prompt-toolkit. Do you already have an Alioth login? If not,
> please create one.

I found a lot of automatic SVN imports on the git side of Alioth so I
assumed the whole project is preparing a move so I went with what I knew
best and used gbp and git-pbuilder. I have an Alioth login and I use it
for my other packages. But I do need to apply to DPMT.

>> [6] https://git.ring0.de/debian/python-prompt-toolkit
>
>  - d/changelog: remove the "source package automatically created by
>    stdeb"
>  - d/control: use python-prompt-toolkit as a source package name, as it
>    would avoid any future collision (and it is also the name for the
>    GitHub repository)
>  - d/control: add the appropriate Vcs-* (which will be updated later,
>    just to not forget them)
>  - d/control: short description should not start with a capital
>  - d/rules: remove the comment about automatic generation

I fixed those. I didn't add Vcs yet as I hadn't uploaded it to Alioth. I
just set them to my git hosting for now and will change them when the
upload is done. Same with the Maintainer field.

The clone URL was at the top hidden behind the cloud download icon. But
as I said I also added them to the control file now if you want rtto do
test builds.

I'll get back to you after the DPMT application.

Lennart