Re: rtai

Mrudula Chougule <chougulemrudula@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to build debian for source code of rtai with python-3
> dependencies. Could you please explain brief on modification of building
> rules for python-3.
>
> Appreciate your suggestions. I need those badly!!

I changed the subject, not sure what this had to do with missing
setup.py files.

If the upsteam code is not already Python3 compatible, first you will
need to be confident upstream will be willing to incorporate your
changes. Or you need to be comfortable with forking the project and
maintaining it yourself. Otherwise you risk doing a lot of work, and
having it not go anywhere.

Good automatic tests really help with catching the problems too. If
there are no automatic tests, be prepared to miss breakages in the code.

I assume you mean this project? https://www.rtai.org/ - if so, looks
like they are still using CVS...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>