Re: Git migration schedule

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2015, at 08:36 AM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
>
>>I need to backport quite some packages, and use often experimental to
>>stage big packages new releases (think of numpy and matplotlib) so it
>>is not a rare situation at all and it should be considered now that we
>>are at the beginning of a new era and changes are easier
>
> Are you advocating for adopting DEP-14 in all cases?

yeah I think i am: it still covers the simple cases ('debian/master'
instead of 'master') while already having codified the more complex
situations.

I dont know if this integrates easily with git-dpm though (from a very
high level, it seems they have some incompatibilities in particular on
how git-dpm keep tracks of the upstream source)