Re: Git migration schedule

Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> writes:

> Now, in practice, it doesn't matter if you ignore git-dpm and just use quilt
> *as long as the final state of the repo is compatible with git-dpm*.  Meaning,
> in general, you can make whatever local decisions you want as long as they
> don't force other team members to go outside of team recommendations.

I don't see how you could use quilt and maintain compatability with
git-dpm. git-dpm expects all patches to be in git, and will update
debian/patches automatically from git. quilt writes patches directly in
debian/patches/* and doesn't support git.

Not something that concerns me personally, quilt was starting to become
very painful for me. I regularly ended up forgetting the "quilt add"
operation before editing files, resulting in invalid patches.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>