Re: Git migration schedule

On Oct 09, 2015, at 10:30 PM, Brian May wrote:

>Ok, I probably should create another thread to discuss this for Django then.
>
>Also, contrary to the rules we just agreed on, this sounds like one rare
>time when all uploaders should be contacted before moving any repositories
>around.

Probably so.  I have a checkout of python-django here and it seems to already
be in git.  I haven't looked at the converted svn->git repo yet, but I'm
wondering if what was converted was just old and out of date?  I'm pretty sure
it was in git to manage the 1.8 transition.  The debian/sid branch has 1.7.9-1
at its top while debian/experimental has UNRELEASED 1.8.3-2.

That's probably necessary given the complexity of python-django, but since it
deviates from GitPackaging, there should be a debian/README.source to explain
to other team members how the repo is supposed to be used.

Cheers,
-Barry