Re: Python < 3.5 tests

Robert Collins <robertc@robertcollins.net> writes:

> On 8 October 2015 at 11:47, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > If you have a code base that is intended to run unchanged on Python
> > 2 and Python 3, and that code base imports ‘unittest2’, you need
> > both the Python 2 and Python 3 version of that package.
> >
> > If your code base targets only Python 3, it should not be using
> > ‘unittest2’ at all.
>
> Thats false. unittest2 is a rolling backport.

I'm not sure how that disagrees with what I wrote.

Are you saying ‘unittest2’ is useful on Python 3.3 (for example) because
it has improvements from later Python 3 standard library ‘unittest’?

Or something else?

> A true statement would be 'if your codebase will only ever run on the
> latest release of Python then unittest2 offers no value' for it.

Agreed.

--
 \       “We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the |
  `\       sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his |