Re: Python < 3.5 tests

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:

> I see that there is a python3-unittest2 package - should I be using that
> one or the unittest built in Python 3.5?

If you have a code base that is intended to run unchanged on Python 2
and Python 3, and that code base imports ‘unittest2’, you need both the
Python 2 and Python 3 version of that package.

If your code base targets only Python 3, it should not be using
‘unittest2’ at all.

--
 \     “He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let |
  `\              that fool you. He really is an idiot.” —Groucho Marx |