Re: [DPMT] radical changes: automation, carrot and stick

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> I assume you all like other ideas, like no team in Maintainer, right?

While I understand the desire to have one identified maintainer for each
package, I don't agree with the rule.

Changing maintainer means changing the flow of information and it is a
pain. When I get interested in a package, I subscribe to the package in
the tracker. At some point, I end up the "maintainer" because the former
maintainer left and here I should put myself in maintainer... that would
mean getting duplicate mails and me having to fix my subscriptions
or add procmail rules to avoid this.

So I don't think that this rule gives us more benefits than annoyances.
If you want to identify someone as in charge, let's define that the first
person in the Uploaders field is that person.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer