Re: [DPMT] radical changes: automation, carrot and stick

On Friday, October 02, 2015 09:12:44 AM Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> On Oct 02 2015, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
> > I think that the main problem of our team is that we have over 300
> > members and only few people contribute to packages they didn't inject to
> > the repo (some people do not care even about those).
>
> I always assumed that it was generally preferred to have Python packages
> be maintained in the Python team, even if the maintainer has little
> interest or time in contributing to other Python packages.
>
> Did I get the wrong impression?

Not from my perspective.

I'm in the middle of doing the transition that adds python3.5 as a supported
python3 version right now and I've done several team uploads of things that I
would have had to wait on an NMU for if the package wasn't in the team.

I would certainly prefer to see more packages in the team rather than fewer.

Scott K