Re: [DPMT] radical changes: automation, carrot and stick

On 2015-10-02 at 11:28:04 +0200, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Elena ``of Valhalla'', 2015-10-02]
> > +1: I also have packages that get new upstream releases very rarely (<1
> > per year): they are not dead, just very stable and with limited scope,
> > so there is no need to work often on them.
> well, then you will not gain much from maintaining this package within a
> team

I don't keep those packages in the team because I expect to get help
with them, I keep them there because I believe that by following the
team rules they can be of higher quality or at least more consistent
with other similar packages and thus better for those users who want
to do something with the package other than simply installing it.

I could maintain those package elsewhere while still following the team
rules, but is there a point doing it?

> (and let me repeat it again: commiting something in package where you're
> listed as main contact / main responsible person - doesn't count)

I've only received your second message after I've sent mine, sorry,
and I misunderstood what the actual proposal in that poing was.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''