Re: python-support removal effort

On 09/03/2015 08:26 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> We are down to slightly more than 100 bugs (that includes several packages
> that are RC-buggy and dozen or two packages in open transitions, so there
> is slightly less things to work on right now) and we need YOUR help.
>
> For majority of packages the work is simple and doesn't require Python
> packaging knowledge. The full procedure is documented on wiki but in the
> reality most packages just need B-D adjustment and adding --with python2,
> replacing dh_pysupport with dh_python2 or removing
> DEB_PYTHON_SYSTEM=pysupport (and some trivial debdiff checking and
> testing). You can skip packages that are more complicated than that.

My first python-support NMU is ready for sponsorship on mentors:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/prelude-notify

I have sent an nmudiff to the bug, and also put the mentors link on the
whiteboard.

I will try and tick a few off here and there over the next weeks. Is it
enough if I just put the mentors link on the whiteboard? If required I
will file RFS bugs, but filling in the bug metadata takes time!

Cheers,

Ross