Re: Dealing with flit -- a simplified packaging of python modules

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015, at 01:05 AM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Yes, you're also upstream for ptyprocess and terminado :-P

Guilty as charged ;-) I work for Jupyter/IPython, so there are several
dependencies from that that I'm responsible for.

> I have nothing against declarative -- it's just that I suspect we will
> need something like a --buildsystem=flit or some such, and I have no
> clue how to do something like this

I don't know how to define a new buildsystem either. For the first
package, I hope that we can do without that, at the cost of a longer
Debian/rules file that specifies more stuff explicitly, and then work
out what bits of that can be abstracted into tooling.

Thomas