Re: Dealing with flit -- a simplified packaging of python modules

Hi,

Le samedi 19 sept. 2015 à 00:35:49 (-0700), Thomas Kluyver a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015, at 11:56 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> > here is a new way to package modules for Python:
> > https://github.com/takluyver/flit
> >
> > It means that something packaged using it doesn't use a setup.py or some
> > such, but a flit.ini ; see for example:
> > https://github.com/jupyter/testpath
> >
> > I'm not sure how to package something like this (and testpath is a
> > depends for IPython's tests), so I think asking here is better.
>
> By the way, I am also upstream for flit, and I'm prepared to help build
> some tooling to use it for distro packaging. I know it will cause some
> inconvenience in the short term because there's infrastructure around
> setup.py packaging, but ultimately I think that having declarative
> metadata should be an advantage.
>
> Thomas

Yes, you're also upstream for ptyprocess and terminado :-P

I have nothing against declarative -- it's just that I suspect we will
need something like a --buildsystem=flit or some such, and I have no
clue how to do something like this...

Snark on #debian-python