Re: Packaging Bokeh

On Saturday, September 05, 2015 09:28:48 Diane Trout wrote:
> > > The most proper packaging would require grunt to be able to rebuild
> > > bokeh.js. I was wondering if releasing the pypi version would be good
> > > enough. (The package does at least contain a non-minimized version of
> > > bokeh.js)
> >
> > I'm not sure about this, but it looks like the Bokeh source is a
> > huge directory of coffeescript files, while the resulting
> > bokeh.js is not the source code. So build is: 1. coffee -> js
> > 2. concat all js. Maybe its possible without grunt, just like
> > Antonio did with jQuery?
>
> That's a good idea. I'll investigate.

It looks like there's something complicated going on with how BokehJS is
built. grunt loads some browserfy plugins, one for templates and one for
handling coffee script files.

It looks like browserfy is providing something like import semantics.

Faking grunt with a makefile may be pretty challenging.

Diane