Re: Searching for sponsor and critique

 ❦  4 août 2015 16:34 +0200, Lennart Weller <lhw@ring0.de> :

> I currently have two ITPs open for python-apps, pgcli[0] and mycli[1]
> and one for a python-module, prompt_toolkit[2], on which both
> depend. There is also a wishlist bug[3] on python-sqlparse as both
> CLIs require a newer version.

I am interested in those packages and can therefore offer sponsorship
for them. By the time python-prompt-toolkit goes through NEW, maybe
python-sqlparse will have been updated.

> As I am currently not a member of either python-apps or python-modules
> I have not yet uploaded the gits[4][5][6] to Alioth as I assume they
> are supposed to be uploaded to the team directory. But I think I got
> most of it right while following the guidelines.

I believe that we are still using SVN but maybe the switch to git will
be done during the next Debconf.

Personnaly, I don't really care if a package is team-maintained or
not. It is better if it is and it will allow you to find another sponsor
in case your regular sponsor is unresponsive. So, please apply to DPMT
for python-prompt-toolkit. Do you already have an Alioth login? If not,
please create one.

> [6] https://git.ring0.de/debian/python-prompt-toolkit

 - d/changelog: remove the "source package automatically created by
   stdeb"
 - d/control: use python-prompt-toolkit as a source package name, as it
   would avoid any future collision (and it is also the name for the
   GitHub repository)
 - d/control: add the appropriate Vcs-* (which will be updated later,
   just to not forget them)
 - d/control: short description should not start with a capital
 - d/rules: remove the comment about automatic generation

Otherwise, it looks OK for me. I didn't find the clone URL, does it
exist?
--
Debian package sponsoring guidelines:
 http://vincent.bernat.im/en/debian-package-sponsoring.html