-nspkg.pth and .pth files - should we get rid of them?

There are ~200 -nspkg.pth and ~20 .pth files already in the archive.
They slow down interpreter startup, mess with sys.path and provide
almost no gain for Debian packages that I can think of.

There are only few valid ones:
* python-support.pth (and gtk-2.0-pysupport-compat.pth): which hopefully
  will be removed in this release cycle
* wx.pth which selects default wxpython version
* Zope2.pth which keeps even worse mess outside dist-packages

All other ones can be removed - either after installing directly into
dist-packages (PILcompat.pth, GTK ones) or without any change (due to
the fact that they're ignored anyway, like HTMLgen.pth or that they do
nothing except wasting CPU time - like -nspkg.pth files).

Does anyone see a reason not to remove them in dh_python* tools?
If not all of them, then at least -nspkg.pth ones?

Should we patch distutils/setuptools to not generate them? It generates
them even for Python 3.X (which has PEP420 implemented)