Re: Trouble with PyDist files and versioned dependencies

[Christopher Baines, 2015-07-14]
> I have a python package that I want to depend on python-lxml (>= 3.3.1).
>
> So, I have put a .pydist file in debian/ containing.
> lxml python-lxml (>= 3.3.1)

.pydist file is used when other packages build depend on your package.
(i.e. if you want to control what dependency other packages get, see
f.e. sqlalchemy source package)

What you want is debian/pydist-overrides file or to add correct
Build-Dependency and wait few more days for me to fix #791433