Re: Sphinx 1.3 in Debian experimental

Dmitry Shachnev:
> Anyway, if you provide a suggestion for how to fix this on Sphinx side
> (not *so* hackish as parsing d/changelog), I will look at it.

Our current proposal is to implement support for the SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH
environment variable. See:
https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/TimestampsProposal

It's already implemented in help2man, and we have patches ready for
txt2man, epydoc, and Doxygen.

> |today| is for Sphinx the same as __DATE__ is for a C compiler. You do not
> suggest to patch gcc to remove support for __DATE__, do you?

Actually, Dhole implemented a patch to add support for SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH
in GCC and asked upstream what they thought about it:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-06/msg02210.html

--
Lunar                                .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism