Re: Joining the DPMT

Hi,

[James Page, 2015-07-02]
> I've been skulking around on this ML and on the #debian-python IRC
> channel for a while now so thought it was about time I put in my
> request to join the DPMT.
>
> I've been working across Debian and Ubuntu for the last 4.5 years; I
> started doing Java packaging, then my job at Canonical changed and I
> now mainly work on packaging Python bits and pieces now - specifically
> OpenStack (I'm the tech lead of the OpenStack engineering team at
> Canonical).
>
> Corey Bryant and I have started working more closely with Thomas in
> the PKG OpenStack team in the last month or so - but its evident that
> we can make some valuable contribution across Python modules generally.

you're in, welcome :)

PS you didn't mention your Alioth account name, so I didn't know you're
a DD (we don't really need to check DDs previous work. I'm sure you will
not convert all packages from SVN to Git or start to add Perl packages
to our repo...)

PPS hint to others: my favourite join requests are signed, include
"I've read https://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html and I accept it"
and mention previous Pyton/Debian work (package names? patches? bug
reports?)