Re: image-file-in-usr-lib

"Paul R. Tagliamonte" <paultag@gmail.com> writes:

> That or symlink them in from /usr/share ;)

Yes, that works too (and I've done it in my packages):

Use ‘dh_install’ to install the non-program files to the correct
location under ‘/usr/share/foopackage/’, and then create symlinks in the
program directories where the program is looking.

The non-program files are in the right location, the program can
continue to be ignorant of the filesystem layout, and you didn't have to
patch any code.

--
 \         “I turned to speak to God/About the world's despair; But to |
  `\   make bad matters worse/I found God wasn't there.” —Robert Frost |