Re: image-file-in-usr-lib

Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> writes:

> some of the package I maintain (namely python-astropy), or want to
> package, contain images within their python source directories. When
> installed using the normal setup, these images get installed in
> /usr/lib, leading to the lintian warning shown in the subject.
>
> Is there a simple way to avoid this?

The code is probably expecting the files to be in that location. It will
need to be patched to expect the files in a more appropriate location.

Installing the non-program files to ‘/usr/share/foopackage/images/’ (for
example) is simple enough, using ‘dh_install’.

--
 \         “Alternative explanations are always welcome in science, if |
  `\   they are better and explain more. Alternative explanations that |