Re: Sample DPMT SVN-GIT migration

Hi Barry (2015.04.30_23:53:02_+0200)
> I haven't had time yet to dig into the details, but two questions come to
> mind.  How does the results of your migration compare to what this script
> leaves you with?
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/barry/import-dscs.git/tree/import-dscs.py

Without having actually tried it:

The big difference would be SVN history. That's the interesting part of
my import.

> Also, what about patch regime?  The above sets up git-dpm early on, including
> tag names, etc. so after the conversion you can just start using it to manage
> patches.

Doing that in a mass conversion worried me, because the dpm transform
isn't perfectly reversible. If we're going to tag uploads in the
package's history, I'd like them to perfectly correspond to uploads to
the archive.

I think conversion to DPM is something we do to all the packages, at a
single point in time, not retroactively.

> I know we haven't yet decided on a patch regime, but we should... soon! :)

Yes, that's the big decision in front of us, now.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/