Python packaging question (Python binaries)

Hi guys,
I'm preparing a package for this library: https://bitbucket.org/bgneal/enigma/
It's rather trivial (see alioth:/git/collab-maint/python-enigma.git),
but I have two questions that remain:

  * the library provides a program as /usr/bin/pyenigma.py; should I:
    (a) declare another binary package (say, pyenigma) with it and
    make it depend on python3-enigma or (b) leave it as it is now, a
    part of the library?
    (a) seems like a more canonical solution, but (b) looks more
    practical since I doubt that people will very rarely use pyenigma
    on its own

  * lintian complains about .py exntesion in a binary stored in
    /usr/bin/; should I absolutely change it to no extension?  it's
    trivial to do, but the instructions at
    https://bitbucket.org/bgneal/enigma/ will be misleading

I'm pretty sure these questions arise often. What do you say?

Cheers,
Tomasz