Re: Python 2 d-d-a proposal

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 4:48 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> You might also ask Debian teams using Python in the Debian infrastructure to
> review their packaged dependencies and identify any that aren't available for
> Python3.  We'll need to know that soon so we can work on porting
> dependencies/finding alternatives.  I think we should have as a goal for
> Stretch (that's the next one, right?) to have all the packages in place needed
> to run python using Debian infrastructure on Python3.  That'll leave some time
> then 'just' to port the Debian specific stuff.

For services hosted on DSA machines, you can find the known
dependencies in this file:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/mirror/debian.org.git/tree/debian/control

This is missing dependencies DSA doesn't know about, services on
alioth.debian.org, debconf.org and many debian.net services though. If
you build the debian.org meta-packages and install them in a chroot,
you should be able to get an idea of which Python 2 modules are needed
for services hosted on DSA machines.

--
bye,
pabs