Re: libraries for processing video

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 at 02:07 Benjamin Lau <benjamin.a.lau@gmail.com> wrote:
Why not wrap avconv and ffmpeg using the Python sh module[1]?

I was kind of curious about the problem myself so I did an
implementation of the thumbnail extraction using ffprobe and ffmpeg
(attached).[2]

Thanks for your work. As much as I would prefer a pure python solution, this actually looks the most hopeful, and I can be reasonably confident that the software is well maintained too.

Hmmm... ffprobe supports json output. I didn't know that...

Now to actually try it and see if it works :-)