Re: Graph-tool in Debian

Hi Tiago,

On 2015-01-20 11:49, Tiago de Paula Peixoto wrote:
> I already provide Debian packages:
>
>     https://graph-tool.skewed.de/download#debian
>
> But I would like to probe your interest into getting this into Debian
> proper.
>
> I would be willing to maintain the package, but I would need some
> sponsorship, as well as some initial pointers on best practices and so
> on.

As you already have some experience with Debian packaging, you'll
probably want to start here:

    http://mentors.debian.net/

There are two Python teams within Debian: one for applications (PAPT),
and one for modules (PMPT). Here is the wiki page for the PAPT:

    https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam

Among the links listed there, the policy is an important read:

    http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html

Finally, it's best to join the #debian-python and #debian-mentors IRC
channels on OFTC, where people are usually quite helpful.

Regards,
Christian