Re: Recommendation: adopt git-dpm

On Sep 05, 2014, at 12:32 AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

>From my point of view, since you're anyway using features of
>git-buildpackage, it would be better to improve git-buildpackage...
>I like how git-dpm can keep patches applied on the packaging
>branch and porting the required shell to "gbp pq" should not be
>too complicated. It would also be nice if we could fix "gbp pq" to not
>rename quilt patches.

Maybe.  What I thankfully left out of my description was the dozen gbp-pq
directories I had to trash when I tried to do something that *seemed* to make
sense but ended up just borking my directory.  Sometimes I could chuck the
changes and try again, but more often than not, I just rmdir'd and started
over.  Even after getting it right (and updating my draft), I still don't feel
like gbp-pq is very resilient.  I wrote the git-dpm bits after just one or two
such experiments.

Either way, I think we need better focused task-oriented documentation!

Cheers,
-Barry