Re: Recommendation: adopt git-dpm

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Even with those complaints, git-dpm feels like the better tool for team
> package management in git.  The problems are minor and probably easily
> fixable.

>From my point of view, since you're anyway using features of
git-buildpackage, it would be better to improve git-buildpackage...
I like how git-dpm can keep patches applied on the packaging
branch and porting the required shell to "gbp pq" should not be
too complicated. It would also be nice if we could fix "gbp pq" to not
rename quilt patches.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/