python celery broken

This bug is a pain:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=736348 (librabbitmq1)
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=747270 (python-librabbitmq)

Unfortunately, nothing seems to be happening to fix it.

Might have to have my package depend on python-amqp but conflict with python-librabbitmq :-(

Just installing python-amqp without removing python-librabbitmq appears to be insufficient, and
python-librabbitmq gets installed by default.

Maybe we should think about requesting python-librabbitmq be removed from Debian? python-amqp appears to be a better alternative.

As far as I can see, python-librabbitmq is unusable, and as such will change #747270 to Grave. This makes it release critical, and I believe Debian would be better off without it.

However, the underlying C library apparently might be ok(???), so #736348, as explained in the bug report, should not be release critical.

"grave:
makes the package in question unusable or mostly so, or causes data loss, or introduces a security hole allowing access to the accounts of users who use the package"
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>