Re: /usr/bin/django-admin in python-django

On 20 July 2014 19:00, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
One possibility is to write a shell script that is also valid Python code. PoC:

Not sure I understand it (that space in ' ''' seems to be important?), but it seems to work. Thanks.

Another possibility is to create the django-admin symlink in maintainer scripts, with the target depending on which of python*-django packages are installer. This is how src:sphinx manages its /usr/bin/sphinx-* symlinks.

Here we need to be able to specify an exact python version in most cases, as the Python version used depends on the Django app installed. As well as maintain compatibility with existing packages.

So the first approach seems to appropriate one here.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>