Re: python-vertica package

 ❦ 13 juillet 2014 13:28 +0200, Jean Baptiste Favre <debian@jbfavre.org> :

> I packaged python-vertica module available here:
> https://github.com/uber/vertica-python
>
> Packaging work is available here:
> https://github.com/jbfavre/python-vertica
>
> I would like to get it integrated into Debian.
> I already have an Alioth account, but am not part of any project for
> now. I guess I'll need access to python-modules project.

Hi JB!

Yes, please ask to join the DPMT (here) by giving your alioth ID. This
will give you access to the SVN of the team. You'll have to inject your
package here. Alternatively, you can use mentors.debian.net (notably if
you don't want to work with SVN). Being part of DPMPT is however an easy
way to find someone to sponsor your upload.

As for the work you have already done:

 1. Please, open an ITP against wnpp (see
    http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers) and close it in the
    first entry of your changelog. Other entries should be removed, they
    are not useful for a first upload to the archive.

 2. vertica may not be a good choice for the source package name since
    if somebody want to package the database, they may want to use that
    name for the source package. I propose you rename it to
    python-vertica.

 3. In debian/copyright, you should assign copyright to yourself for
    files in debian/*. It is better to use the same license as for the
    the upstream package since it will cover patches.

 4. I am unsure, but I think that pybuild requires debhelper 8. So you
    need to update debian/compat and debian/control for that.

 5. The short description in debian/control should not end with a dot.
--
Use statement labels that mean something.