python3-django and mysqldb

According to Django 1.6 documentation:

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.6/ref/databases/#python-3

The recommended solution is to use an unofficial fork of mysqldb, such as https://github.com/clelland/MySQL-for-Python-3

According to Django 1.7 documentation, the recommended solution is to use the MySQL Connector/Python:

See https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/ref/databases/#mysql-db-api-drivers

Which is already in unstable:

python-mysql.connector
python3-mysql.connector

It looks like these do contain the Django connectors required.

So maybe we should update the Django package headers to suggest these instead of mysqldb, as mysqldb development appears to be dead.

As far as I can tell this should be supported in Django 1.6 (assuming I am reading a particular line in the documentation correctly).
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>