Re: QA Developer overview, compared with PET

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Ben Finney wrote:

> Thanks for bringing PET to my attention. But I wonder whether it's
> unused for good reason?

The only reason it is unused is people don't know about it or forget it exists.

> What does PET do which the Packages Overview tool does not?

It looks at the VCS repositories too.

> Why advocate PET rather than advocating for those features to be added
> to the QA PAckages Overview tool?

PET works now and there are few people working on QA infrastructure so
DDPO is unlikely to have many features added. DDPO is also horrible
PHP code which probably discourages contributions.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise