Best way to install images from the inside upstream source code tree

Hi,

Currently I am packaging Glue[1], it uses PyQT for its UI. Upstream has placed
the images used in the UI inside the source code tree. e.g:

  glue/qt/icons/

Just to make it more clear, under the glue directory exists the upstream source
code.

This causes the installation of the image files under:

  usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glue/qt/icons/

I want to know the best/correct way to install those files under:
 usr/share/

Thanks

[1]: http://www.glueviz.org/en/stable/index.html

---