Re: About requests.packages.urllib3 in Debian

Hello Matthias,
sorry for the late reply, we had a problematic weekend due to weather in
Sicily.

On Wednesday 05 November 2014 07:52:55 Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> I'd add a stub _file_ which just contains "from urllib3 import *".

Well, urllib3 is composed of multiple subpackage, for a single module this
would be the best soluction, but unfortunately it will not works well for a
package with multiple submodules.
For example, urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl is not imported by "from urllib3 import
*".

IMHO using from-import would be weak: think about new names introduced during
an update, missing one will break all code that use the missing name.

 Daniele Tricoli 'Eriol'
 http://mornie.org