Re: Fwd: [Python-modules-commits] [python-mplexporter] 135/135: Merge pull request #30 from rainwoodman/patch-1

On September 23, 2014 6:46:58 PM EDT, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
>Le Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 10:29:10PM +0100, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>> there's some people who's subscribed to the commit ml, so getting all
>> the changes done to our repos. Now, with the transition to git we are
>> getting this: 135 emails for updating a package (and these are only
>> upstream changes). Did you consider this side effect? Do you have a
>> plan to reduce the amount of noise it causes reducing dramatically
>the
>> SN ratio on the ml?
>
>Hello everybody,
>
>the commit messages are sent with git-multimail
>(https://github.com/mhagger/git-multimail/), and I recommend to set
>multimailhook.maxCommitEmails to something around 20 in each
>repository's
>configuration file.
>
>Have a nice day,

Why are they sent at all? Upstream commits are off topic. In addition to the mail list, the commits for just one package made #debian-python unusable a couple of times today.

This kind of nonsense is a great reason to stay with svn.

Scott K