Re: Fwd: [Python-modules-commits] [python-mplexporter] 135/135: Merge pull request #30 from rainwoodman/patch-1

On 2014-09-23 22:29, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> there's some people who's subscribed to the commit ml, so getting all
> the changes done to our repos. Now, with the transition to git we are
> getting this: 135 emails for updating a package (and these are only
> upstream changes). Did you consider this side effect? Do you have a
> plan to reduce the amount of noise it causes reducing dramatically the
> SN ratio on the ml?

I believe it must be possible to get only one email per
"receive" (= push), independent of the number of commits in the
push. Of course, either email gets very large, or one can have
less information in it (e.g. who committed to which repository
how many commits, the rest has to be looked up in git).

> PS: nothing against you Wolfgang, you just happened the one pushing
> these changes ;)

No offense taken!

PS: At least you know now, that I'm packaging mpld3, a D3
backend for matplotlib.