Re: Proposed git migration plan

Hi Stuart,

On Aug 27, 2014, at 11:57 AM, Stuart Prescott wrote:

>I eventually gave up and used git-import-dscs -- debsnap.
>
>That said -- all the above experience was with full-source svn repos. I would
>anticipate that the debian/-only repos would be easier to migrate as they are
>much simpler, but then the new git repo would also be debian/-only.

I just tried this one of of my simple packages (cov-core, a fairly new package
with only two upstream releases in Debian).  In svn it's a debian/-only
package but after the g-i-d the git repo ended up full source (yay!).  Then I
did a `git-import-orig --uscan` and it seemed to work just fine.  I wish g-i-o
would automatically run {git-,}dch with a d/changelog entry of "New upstream
release."

-Barry