Re: Django 1.7 preparations

On 22 August 2014 09:49, Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
I think the following bug I just noticed is significant. Unless fixed, it means that after Django 1.7 is released Debian won't have a Mysql library for it that works with Python3.

If that doesn't get fixed, this might be another solution:

 https://github.com/PyMySQL/PyMySQL

There are instructions for use here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/django-users/BX2o8Xkg0YY:

import pymysql
pymysql.install_as_MySQLdb()

DATABASES = {
    'default': {
        'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.mysql',
. . . .

I can't help but think that the "install_as_MySQLdb()" seems a bit dodgy. However this might be a solution if Oracle doesn't fix the mysql-connector-plugin in time for Jessie.
--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>