Re: Playing with git-dpm

On Aug 20, 2014, at 03:28 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>One last thing: I'm not sure I recommend going with the package name as the
>branch name.  I'm tired of typing `upstream-lazr.smtptest`.  The default
>git-dpm branch names are starting to make more sense. :)

I just renamed the branches both locally and on git.debian.org.  Now they use
the standard master, pristine-tar, and upstream branch names.  If you've
gotten a clone of the repo already, you may have to do some local fiddling,
such as with .git/config.  This also aligns git-dpm better with
git-buildpackage so obviates the need for a debian/gbp.conf file.

I'm glad I experimented with the other names so now I can recommend not using
them. :)

Cheers,
-Barry