Re: librabbitmq and git

On Aug 18, 2014, at 09:22 PM, Tianon Gravi wrote:

>On 18 August 2014 18:11, Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
>> Unfortunately, debian/watch (AFAIK) doesn't include any details of any
>> changes that were made to the tar.gz file by the package developer.
>
>It's been my understanding that this is exactly one of the main uses of
>the "command" argument in debian/watch.  See docker.io's debian/watch[1]
>for example, where "/bin/sh debian/repack.sh" is what does the
>DFSG-compliance repacking of the orig tarball so that they're cleanly
>repeatable (which is an important property of orig tarballs).
>
>Have you tried comparing the existing orig tarball from the archive to
>the corresponding tarball downloaded via uscan?

debian/copyright also has the ability to affect the tarball that uscan
produces.  It's poorly documented[*], but if you add a Files-Excluded header
to the global stanza in d/copyright, those files will be stripped from the
tarball by uscan.

Cheers,
-Barry

[*] The uscan manpage briefly mentions this but doesn't go into much detail.
This describes the feature better, but it's not as discoverable:
https://wiki.debian.org/UscanEnhancements