Re: librabbitmq and git

On 18 August 2014 18:11, Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> Unfortunately, debian/watch (AFAIK) doesn't include any details of any
> changes that were made to the tar.gz file by the package developer.

It's been my understanding that this is exactly one of the main uses of
the "command" argument in debian/watch.  See docker.io's debian/watch[1]
for example, where "/bin/sh debian/repack.sh" is what does the
DFSG-compliance repacking of the orig tarball so that they're cleanly
repeatable (which is an important property of orig tarballs).

Have you tried comparing the existing orig tarball from the archive to
the corresponding tarball downloaded via uscan?

  $ curl -sSL 'http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/libr/librabbitmq/librabbitmq_0.5.0.orig.tar.gz'
| sha1sum
  826286c3f04695bdc231d8e7b0541f871975cdcc  -

  $ curl -sSL 'https://github.com/alanxz/rabbitmq-c/archive/v0.5.0.tar.gz'
| sha1sum
  826286c3f04695bdc231d8e7b0541f871975cdcc  -

Also, looking in Git, it would appear that Michael is currently working
on packaging 0.5.1. ;)

♥,
- Tianon

[1]: http://sources.debian.net/src/docker.io/1.0.0~dfsg1-1/debian/watch