Re: Proposed changes to python-virtualenv

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> wrote:
On Jun 02, 2014, at 04:43 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:

>Sounds reasonable to me, the only “downside” is that virutalenv will default
>to Python 3, which is probably not what most people want (however they
>can do virtualenv -p python2).

Barry, would it be sensible to default to python2 (so keep existing outside behaviour unchanged) and then only after a grace period and enough announcements make python3 the default? To me doing it right now seems like breaking lots of scripting for no good reason.

Thanks
ZK

But it's what most people *should* want <wink>.

Seriously though, I wonder if this is a problem or if some transition or wider
announcement needs to be made.

-Barry