Re: Embedded six.py in many packages: can someone add a lintian check?

On May 29, 2014, at 04:47 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>On 05/28/2014 10:02 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> Unfortunately, it's not just six that gets vendorized.  I'd be in favor of a
>> lintian check if it could be generalized to warn against all vendorizing.  A
>> warning specifically about six is helpful but limited.
>
>How would you implement the generalization then?

Yeah, that's the trick; I'm not sure.  The best I could come up with was an a
priori list of known common vendorizations.  It would be imperfect for sure,
and maybe a pain to keep up-to-date, but I can't think of anything better
given what we have to work with today.

One of the things I want to add to my mythical PEP are at least declarations
of vendored packages.

Cheers,
-Barry