Re: Join the Team

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Hugo Lefeuvre <hugo6390@orange.fr> wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
>> Welcome (in advance) to the team! Please let me know if you're
>> subscribed to the list, so I can stop cc-ing you.
>
> Thank you ! I've made it.
>
> I've already followed Lucas Nussbaum's tutorial for a week (which is
> very interesting), but I made a mistake in my latest email: With
> 'I have no skills in Debian packaging', I wanted to say that I had no
> experience in maintaining Debian packages. :)
>
>> Great! You'll have to be accepted to the DPMT/PAPT in alioth first
>> before you'll have commit access to the svn repos. If you need
>> somewhere to upload your packages prior to asking for a review, I
>> suggest using mentors.debian.net [3].
>
> I'll upload my patch for the kupfer package in mentors.debian.net. I've
> already an account (with the username hugo6390).

For the purposes of this review, I'm going to assume that what you
uploaded is this source package (since you didn't give a direct link):
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/kupfer/kupfer_0+v208-3.dsc

- Your new upload has to have a different version number than past
uploads. kupfer/0+v208-3 was already uploaded on 2013-12-19 by Luca
Falavigna; you should instead be using version 0+v208-4 instead.
- Please revert your changes to debian/watch; your watch file doesn't
work (404; use uscan(1) to verify).
- Please revert your changes to Vcs-{Svn,Browser} in debian/control:
the original Vcs-* links are correct and are the canonical Vcs links
that you should be using in d/control. [1]
- Please revert the rest of your changes to debian/control (having a
single build-dep/dependency on each line makes it much easier to see
what changed with a diff in between uploads; wrap-and-sort(1) from the
"devscripts" package helps to format debian/control like what it is
currently. Don't "un-"wrap-and-sort the package...
- Please set DPMT as maintainer, and you as uploader (instead of the
other way around).

The only remaining change now is your removal of a number of patches
applied to the package (almost every other change you made is bogus
and should be reverted, sorry). A few comments about this:
  - Please document this in debian/changelog
  - Why did you remove these patches? Include a brief rationale in d/changelog.

Regards,
Vincent

[1] http://lintian.debian.org/tags/vcs-field-not-canonical.html