Re: python-setproctitle - Abandoned?

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Matt Grant <matt@mattgrant.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi  All!
>
> Just wanting to check in on what to do.
>
> I have an application package in an ITP dms that would benefit from the
> python3 version of python-setproctitle being packaged for use by its
> daemon.
>
> I have tired contacting the maintainer of the module Örjan Persson
> <orange@fobie.net> a number of times, but have not received any answers.
> It has been about a year or so since I first tried from work, and has
> not responded to my email of the 6/3/2014
>
> What would be required before this module could be claimed by the Debian
> Python Modules Team?  Is there a procedure for this?

Contact the MIA team [1], ask for the package to be orphaned, and
proceed to adopt the package and maintain it within the DPMT (usually
by setting DPMT as maintainer, and you as uploader). The entire
process is more thoroughly documented in devref §7.4 [2].

Regards,
Vincent

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MIA
[2] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa